What is Beeminder? Beeminder is a service that helps you keep track of what you want to be doing, but maybe are having trouble actually following-through. It takes data, either that you enter or that’s automatically entered from dozens of different services (see Integrations), and it keeps track of data in a cool graph! The catch is that you set an amount you must do per day/week/month, and if that amount isn’t met then you get charged money. That’s the sting of Beeminder!
- Beeminder - “Your goals can be anything quantifiable — weight, pushups, minutes spent
on Facebook, points on Duolingo. Answer with your number when Beeminder asks — or connect a device/app below to
auto-report — and we’ll show your progress and a Yellow Brick Road to follow to stay on track. If you go off track, we
charge your credit card!”
- Beeminder Blog - “The Beeminder blog is a hodgepodge of productivity nerdery and
behavioral economics written by the founders and various friends.”
- Beeminder Forum - The official forum is a small but dedicated community of Beeminder users and fans that discuss a wide variety of topics related to Beeminder and beyond.
If you’d like to view the official documentation and guides on getting started with Beeminder, here’s some helpful links from the official website:
- A Newbie Guide guide to getting started with Beeminder. (Called newbee, get it?)
- An Overview of what Beeminder is.
- A Glossary of terms often used within discussion and documentation of Beeminder.
- An FAQ which gets into the technical details of specifical goals, derailments, etc.
- A Help Section which has even more information and how-to guides.
Okay, so how exactly can this service help you improve your life? If you’d like an unofficial guide on how to use Beeminder, here are a few easy examples to get you started:
- Want to be more productive?
- Track your screen-time with an app like RescueTime and add a Beeminder goal to limit the amount of distracting time you spend online per day.
- Track your to-dos with an app like Todoist and add a Beeminder goal to get one task done per day.
- Want to be more healthy?
- Track your movement with an app like Garmin and add a Beeminder goal to aim for a certain amount of steps per day.
- Track what you eat with an app like Fitbit and add a Beeminder goal to limit your daily calorie intake.
- Want to learn a new language?
- Track your progress on an app like Duolingo and add a Beeminder goal to aim for a certain amount of XP points per day.
Also, be sure to check out the Featured page and integrations below for even more examples!
- Integrations - A nearly comprehensive list of all official and unofficial products and services that can be used to track data via Beeminder.
- Contributing - A guide to how to add information to this wiki yourself!
Originally created by Nathan Arthur, this fan wiki is an open project of the Beeminder community. It’s distributed under the MIT License. See
LICENSE for more information.
For information on the people who created Beeminder, visit their About Us page.